Set up the Chainlink node on Ankr
1. Head to app.ankr.com to deploy and select Deploy A Node
2. Search or scroll down to find the Chainlink card, hover over it and press Deploy
3. Now you are taken to the configuration page. The hardware configuration is already set at the optimal system requirements, but you are allowed to increase the specifications if you wish to do so by using Advanced button.
4. The platform also recommends a cluster, which is usually the one that has the most freely available resources. In this particular case, the recommended cluster is the United Kingdom cluster, but another cluster may be recommended depending on your location.
4. The Project Name for use in the Ankr application is pre-filled. You can change it if you want.
5. The Chainlink node can be deployed on different Ethereum networks, see different flavours below:
Ethereum (main net)
Kovan (test net)
Rinkeby (test net)
Ropsten (test net)
To run a Chainlink node we need to create a wallet, this wallet will be generated by Ankr. To secure the wallet you need to provide your Wallet password.
To interact with the Chainlink interface once the node is deployed we require you to provide both API email and password. Please note down / remember these credentials.
6. Select the Payment Method, choose the number of months you want to run the node by moving the slider. The price and discount will increase when you extend the run time.
If later on, you want to extend the node’s run time, you can add funds at any time
7. Click Proceed to payment
8. Select payment method (USDT, ANKR erc20 or add your credit card)
9. For this tutorial we will choose Add New Credit Card
10. Provide all requested information and click Pay with Credit Card
11. If all information is provided successfully the deployment will of the node will start. Deployment in progress will take approx. 5 minutes.
12. Once the node is deployed you will be able to access the Information page. Here you will find information about your node and it will allow you to download your wallet's keystore.
Please make sure to download and store your wallet keystore securely.
The API email displayed is the one provided in previous step on the configuration page.
Please note, the Chainlink UI might not available until the node status is Ready
13. In order to configure your Chainlink node, define jobs and earn rewards you can navigate to the API ENDPOINT link showed in your node dashboard. You can login to this portal using the API email and password provided earlier on the Node Configuration Page.
For more information on how you can operate your Chainlink node please check the official documentation..
14. Upon successful login, you will have access to the Chainlink node GUI from where you will be able to configure your node.
If you are not familiar with operating a Chainlink node, you can follow their official tutorial guiding you on how to define jobs and fulfil requests. The tutorial can be found here.