Set up Ethereum Medalla Node on Ankr
1. Head to app.ankr.com to deploy and click the Deploy A Node button.
2. Search or scroll down to find the Ethereum Medalla card, hover over it and press Deploy button.
3. Now you are taken to the configuration page. The hardware configuration is already set at the optimal system requirements, but you are allowed to increase the specifications if you wish to do so by using Advanced button.
4. The platform also recommends a cluster, which is usually the one that has the most freely available resources. In this particular case, the recommended cluster is the United Kingdom cluster, but another cluster may be recommended depending on your location.
5. The Project Name for use in the Ankr application is pre-filled. You can change it if you want.
6. Now you need to upload your keystore and provide the associated password.
Please note: If you do not yet have a keystore / password, you need to generate deposit keys using the Ethereum Foundation deposit tool. More detailed instructions can be found here.
Ankr will not store this information anywhere, so make sure to back up this information safely!
7. Select the Payment Method, choose the number of months you want to run the node by moving the slider. The price and discount will increase when you extend the run time.
If later on, you want to extend the node’s run time, you can add funds at any time
8. Click Proceed to payment
9. Select payment method (USDT, ANKR erc20 or add your credit card)
10. For this tutorial we will choose Add New Credit Card
11. Provide all requested information and click Pay with Credit Card
12. If all information is provided successfully the deployment will of the node will start. Your node will start deploying, which will take approximately 5 minutes
13. Once your node is deployed you will be re-directed to the Information page. Here you can read more information about Ethereum 2.0 and the new proof-of-stake consensus algorithm and a link to the SON-RPC wiki to gain more insights in usage.
14. On the Manage tab, you can find more information about your node by clicking the View buttons.
Query node status
Query peer count
15. On the Details tab.